What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via web pages. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of many information society services. Among others, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Type of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types of cookies can be distinguished:
- Own Cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the same publisher, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored
in the client's browser:
- Session cookies: designed to request and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are typically used to store information that is only relevant to the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the biscuit manager, ranging from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: these allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements
- Advertising cookies: allow the most efficient possible management of advertising
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
Deactivation and removal of cookies.
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. The user may at any time choose which cookies they wish to operate on this website.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer o Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage your browser's cookie store using tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
cookies used on www.jpont.com
The cookies that are being used on this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function: own cookies, session cookies, technical cookies, personalisation cookies, analysis cookies, behavioural advertising cookies and cookies from external social networks.
|Id ||Domain ||Duration |
|XSRF-TOKEN ||jpont.com ||2 hours |
|pont_session ||jpont.com ||2 hours |
Given this information, the following actions are possible:
- Accept cookies. This warning will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session.
- The notice is hidden on this page.